Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Presentation recap

Alright- in general, I enjoyed all of the presentations- there were all just fun. Kudos go out to Twenty Minute Lifetime- that movie was hilarious and trippy. Even now, I can't get the image of the pregnant man out of my head. I thought the tea thing was really cool, in the symbolism and the filmography. Kudos again Tom!
I liked how Dolce Domum picked a lot of low brow movies to illustrate how the themes have manifested into mainstream culture. Gladiator is one my favorite movies ever. I'm glad Rio picked it, because it does have such beautiful ways to think about death and immortality. It always surprises me how much Disney slipped into its cartoons and movies. I thought Hercules was a little hokey, but Beauty and the Beast was classic. As was Homeward Bound. I think I heard Lisa say that the movie made her cry rather than laugh. I did too. I love dogs.
The final group I saw- Eternal Return- did such a beautiful job with their script- way to be! I was seriously impressed with the dialogue and thought that some of it must have been quoted from somewhere. Sarah and Brianna were hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment